Skip to content
Curtin University
Integrity and Standards Unit

How to make a complaint

Should you wish to submit a formal complaint, you may do so:

  • through the online complaints portal using the complaints form
  • by email to
  • in writing to: The ISU, GPO Box U1987, Perth WA 6845
  • by visiting the ISU Office in Building 100 at the Bentley Campus.

International Student Conciliator

The Department of Education Services offer a free mediation/conciliation service: the International Student Conciliator. The Conciliator attempts to resolve disputes between international students and institutions, as part of the institution's internal complaints and appeals procedure. Students or staff can contact the Conciliator by telephone 08 9441 1953.

Occupational health and safety incident reporting

If you wish to report incidents/hazards of a physical or psychological nature to Health, Safety and Emergency Management as an occupational health and safety matter, please use the Health and Safety Incident Reporting form.

External avenues of complaint

In addition to internal processes for appeals and for complaint management, various external agencies provide an avenue for raising complaints and concerns. A list of the external agencies is included in the External Complaints Mechanism list.

Please note that if you do choose to use an external avenue of complaint, any internal complaints processes being undertaken may cease.

Other university policies may relate to your matter. These can be found at the Policies website.